Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Jens Trek Letter 2008

19 May 2008


Dearest Jens:


I am glad that you are taking advantage of this second chance to enjoy a Trek experience. I am not sure you need to learn or will learn anything different than the first time. But, I expect and hope that your faith will be deepened and your appreciation of our great pioneers will be enhanced even more.

At this time, you can't know how this will benefit your life and the life of others. But, know that anything we do to sacrifice or honor or obey, will be accounted for good and your offering will be acceptable to the Lord.

You will have great fun on this trip. I hope you will also take some quiet time to listen to the echoes and words of encouragement, that you will notice the hints and traces of those on the other side of the veil who have gone on before and those who still stand to gain from your being firmly planted in the Gospel sod.

I think you know my testimony. It is simple: that God lives and his Son Jesus Christ is the Savior of mankind, the Holy One of Israel who died for us, was lifted up literally and figuratively, so that he would occupy the most prominent place in our view. This is his Church and Gospel.

I love you and hope the world for you.

Your father and brother,